Thursday, January 1, 2009

I love kid conversations

I just overheard Mason and his friend, Nathan. This is how the conversation went.

Mason: Hey, Nathan. Let's go outside.
Nathan: No, I don't want to. Its cold outside.
Mason: I really want to go outside. It is snowing and its fun in the snow.
Nathan: I don't really like snow.
Mason: I like snow. Snow is great. It means Santa, snowmen, sledding and fun.
Nathan: I like santa. I like Santa, God, and Heaven.
Mason: I don't like Heaven. Heaven is bad.
Mom: Mason, I don't think Heaven is bad. Why do you think its bad?
Mason: Because, Mom. If you are in Heaven you are DEAD!

I just love how kids conversations morph. This is how the conversation continued.

Mom: I suppose being dead is a bummer, but if I am dead I would want to be in Heaven.
Mason: Why do we die?
Nathan: I know how we get dead. We get really old, like my Grandma. (Sorry Helen and Pat.)
Mason: Yeah, like when you are hundreds of years old you get dead.
Mason: Mom, how old is my grandma.
Mom: Do you mean Grandma Cathy or Grammie?
Mason: Grandma Cathy.
Mom: She is 56.
Mason: WOW, she is like really old.
Nathan: Yeah, she is old like my Grandma.
Mason: Lets go sledding.

No comments: